Thursday, January 10, 2008

Jack and Helen at the Dentist

So I didn't think we would make it to the dentist because Helen was refusing to get dressed and leave the house. Finally, I managed to get her in the car seat (with a lot of bribing and crying from both of us) and we were on our way. Jack was ready to go back and sit in the chair, but Helen was clinging to me. I'm thinking, dear God, how bad will she freak out? Jack does amazing, truly amazing, doesn't even flinch. No Cavities! Looks good. Helen decides to sit in the chair, then says "I don't want to. I don't like it." Dr.Hoffman agreed to let her sit in my lap and lean back so he could just look at her teeth. She covered her ears and was not happy! I tried to convince her he wasn't going to touch her ears.......so we find out perhaps one culprit for the cranky attitude is that she is getting her 2 year molars! Well, I guess Helen gets a pass on that today!

New favorite quote from Jack: (as he is going to sleep one night)
"Mom, I am going to make good choices. (long pause) What does that mean?"
I tried not to laugh.

1 comment:

Lissa said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who has children who don't want to get dressed or the only one has cried when trying to get them into carseats. Why do they torture us?